Social Media Management
East of England YAAN
I began managing the social media presence of the East of England YAAN in its infancy, working with the region Chair and Employer representatives to understand their vision for the network.
My role as Social Media Lead involved both consultancy on strategy and actively posting to multiple social channels, supporting the Department for Education’s work in championing apprenticeships across England.
Following the official launch of the East of England Young Apprentice Ambassador Network in March 2018, the network needed a clear social media strategy to recruit new members.
As an organisation run largely by volunteers, it was key that social media activities were both manageable and scalable. Our initial goal was two-fold:
- Clear branding—colours, fonts and templates to unite the Apprentice and Employer networks in the East of England and distinguish the region from the overall Apprenticeships brand.
- Actionable plan—full social media management that would result in quick wins for the network in terms of new members.
In the first 3 months, we established an actionable and attainable social media strategy and rolling schedule, aligned to the lead generation goals of the network.
With the view to start small and build on our success, our strategy focused primarily on Twitter with a plan to expand to Instagram, LinkedIn, Facebook and YouTube by month 6.
The network has gained:
- A steady growth in followers and engagement
- An overall growth in number of members
- A detailed strategy and portfolio of graphics templates